Reasons Why You Should Think Twice on Drinking Liquor
Liquors or alcoholic beverages are the wines, beers, and spirits you see as popular elements in many social activities like partying, eating, and dating. You can also see them bottled up in different volumes and designs in bars, home collections, and restaurants. These beverages basically contain a specific type of alcohol known as ethanol which appears to be very enticing especially for teenagers.
According to research the very main reason why teenagers opt to drinking alcohol is for self-medication. In truth the people who are at risk for alcohol addiction are those who are suffering from emotional problems like anxiety, depression, and bipolar disorders. The likelihood to abuse alcohol can be brought by some external factors like social influence and family history. For instance, children who have grown from a context where most people re drunkards make them one in the future.
Alcohol primarily affects the central nervous system so that when a person gets drunk, he feels relief and satisfaction. The sad thing is that these feelings can only last for a short time. Hence, if you feel physically compelled to drinking and relying on alcohols to feel comfort and ease, then you are an alcoholic. It should be noted then that drinking alcohol at small amounts is not so deadly but drinking too much can bring up several adverse effects that leads you no escape to the adverse effects of alcoholism.
The following are some ways on how alcohol can affect your mind and body.
- Negligence on responsibilities at home, work, and school – Waking up the morning after a night of partying and drinking leads to headache, fatigue, and drowsiness. Having this situation simply results to low performance at work, flunking classes, and the tendency to forget taking care of the kids and skipping out on commitments because of hangover.
- Close possibility to physical intoxication- Drinking alcohol despite under some drug medication can be very dangerous to the health as it causes intoxication.
- Misbehaviors – Being drunk decreases focus and concentration which may lead to some legal problems. For instance, a person who drives drunk is s at high risk for legal arrest against disorderly conduct.
- Puts up fight – It is undeniable that self confidence increases in a condition where a person is very drunk that he seldom notices his actions are already annoying to the colleagues. This tendency can put a fight with close buddies which can even to unexpected killings.
Alcoholism is a hard habit to break especially when you are already hooked to it. Withdrawal symptoms can be very dangerous; however, the longer you stay on alcoholism, the more you are at risk for its negative impacts on health which are also determinable through alcohol screening. The following are the long term effects of alcoholism to health.
1. Damage to the vital organs – Alcohol basically targets the lungs, liver, and kidneys. There is high tendency that the vomit gets sucked into the lungs as person feels nausea due to heavy drunkenness. Repetitive situations like this can actually lead to lung infection which turns an addicted person to vomit blood later on the stage. Alcohol is also one of the leading causes of hepatitis and a liver cancer known as liver cirrhosis. This happens when more and more fats are stored in the liver due to excessive alcohol drinking which inflames and scars the liver. Alcohol also increases blood pressure which affects the kidney to develop chronic kidney disease.
2. Damage to Mental Health – Long term association with alcohol can lead up to severe brain damage and mental health problems as it directly affects the nervous system. Such cases are high especially on teenagers who are very prone to developing personality disorders and schizophrenia in the future. This also leads to black outs, severe memory loss and anxiety disorders.
3. Development of Cancer– Alcohol can be very destructive to the stomach especially to the intestines. When alcohol addiction becomes excessive, it leads up to the inflammation of the gastritis which is the root cause of developing hyper acidity, ulcers, internal bleeding, and colon cancer. It also leads up to cancer of the mouth and throat especially if the person is also a smoker.
4. Poor Sexual Health – Unconsciousness as a result of drunkenness can lead up to intense sexual urge that cause unplanned pregnancy. However while this situation poses high risk to sexually transmitted diseases like HIVs and STDs, in the long run, this leads up to decrease in fertility. For men it decreases the production of healthy and potent sperms while in women, it affects normal ovulation and may even cause birth defects to babies.
5. Bad Impact to the Circulatory System – Alcohol is one of the leading causes of the development of hypertension which puts an addicted person at risk for heart attack and stroke. The alcohol presence in the bloodstream also weakens the heart causing it to beat irregularly as of arrhythmia or heart failure, which are actually the primary factors leading to sudden a death.
6. Decrease Aesthetics – Alcohol addicts usually have dry skins due to dehydration. Weight gain from alcoholism also makes a person look unhealthy and untidy. While it contains at least 600 calories, it bloats stomachs of heavy drinkers but lessens the bone density and strength, the distinct characteristic that sets them apart from obese. It also inflames the pancreas in women which results to severe pain, vomiting, and severe weight loss.
Having a drunkard in the family is also like having a black sheep. However, these people are also the ones who needed the most attention and help to get through life. There are many ways to determine if one of the family members is abusing alcohol. One effective means is using the alcohol testing kits. Today with presence of saliva alcohol test kits, alcohol digital detector kit, and breath alcohol tester in the market, alcohol testing has become easier and more accessible. The results are based on the approved cut-off levels and are proven to have reliable and accurate result that cannot be impaired by any disease and illness interventions. In truth, subjecting a suspected family member to alcohol testing actually saves one from suffering the adverse effect of alcohol addiction.
- Why You Should Stop Drinking Alcohol
- 3 Countries With The Lowest Restriction For Alcohol Drinking
- Screening & Counseling Interventions Help Reduce Risky Drinking
- Frequent Adolescent Drinking Increases Risk of Violence by Adulthood
- 4 Reasons Why Amphetamine is the Most Dangerous Illegal Drug in the US
Categories: Alcohol Related Research Study
Reasons Why You Should Think Twice on Drinking Liquor
Read By Categories
- Alcohol & Alcohol Testing
- Alcohol Related Research Study
- Animal Testing
- Background Screening
- Cocaine & Cocaine Testing
- Cocaine Related Research Study
- Disease Detection
- DNA & Genetics
- Drug Testing
- Drug Testing As a Business
- Epidemic and Virus
- Government Drug Testing
- Health & Wellness
- Home Testing
- Nicotine & Smoking Related Research Study
- Nicotine & Smoking Testing
- Other Tests & Testing Kits
- Pregnancy Testing
- Prescription Drug Abuse
- Product Reviews
- Research & Studies
- School & Teenage Drug Testing
- Steroid Testing
- Substance Abuse
- Substance Abuse Treatment
- Workplace Drug Testing